I am the owner of The Desert Northwest, a nursery in Sequim, Washington specializing in drought tolerant and rare plants!
– Xeriscape garden design/consulting, including a project for the Woodland Park Zoo
– Provided presentations and taught classes about plants/gardening
– Written numerous articles about plants
– Worked at several Northwest retail and specialty nurseries before starting The Desert Northwest.
– Eucalyptus specialist/consultant
– B.S. Ornamental Horticulture, Washington State University
– Certified Professional Horticulturist (WSNLA)
– rare and exciting plants, their conservation, frost hardiness, drought tolerance, breeding potential, etc.
– garden design using appropriate plants
– climatology and glaciers
– unusual and drought tolerant plants
– hiking, snowboarding
– music, especially choral/vocal, traditional
– did I mention plants?
Have me speak at your nursery, garden club, or event! I offer very reasonable rates. Possible topics include xeriscaping, cacti and succulents, rare plants, plant hardiness, and related topics – and pretty much anything I have written about!
“Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere."
-J. R. R. Tolkien